Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby News

We found out June 3rd that we are expecting a baby next February! We are so excited about this and, even though it is so early, we are just so in love with our little dot and are hoping the next 8 months go well. I had a dr. appt. at 5 weeks- they did a pregnancy test and wanted me to come back in a week (yesterday) for an ultrasound, since I am leaving for a cruise on Saturday the dr. wanted to make sure the pregnancy wasn't ectopic. So we got to see our baby yesterday! Everything looks good, baby measured exactly 5 weeks 6 days. There was no heartbeat yet, so we go back for another ultrasound in two weeks.


I have been feeling a little sick lately, having trouble sleeping, etc. but nothing too bad. Hopefully it won't get worse on the cruise! I have been trying not to worry too much, but it seems nearly impossible. It was so reassuring to see him yesterday and I will be very glad when we hear the heartbeat.
In other news- we signed the lease on our new apartment in Winter Haven and will be moving in about a month. It is a two bedroom townhouse that is super cute- and has a patio which Fenway will LOVE. I am hoping to clear out some of the junk we have in the current apartment before we get to the new place. Then, in a few months, we will be able to start decorating baby's room. We also need to move our wedding gifts in (:
I went to Boston last Thursday and Friday for the Yankees/Red Sox game- Red Sox won! It was really exciting - just a little cold.
I had cousins from Kentucky and Tennesee come in on Saturday to visit. We got to see Amy at the wedding, but haven't seen Nicole and Kevin since last summer- and they had a little boy we got to meet! It was really nice to spend some time with them. And Fenway was SO good around their 9 1/2 month old, which was encouraging.
Traveling has been rough- anything moving (cars, planes, etc.) make me nauseaus- I will be glad when this passes.
We are so excited we are going to be parents and we appreciate all of your prayers and support.

Here's to a healthy baby...

2 comments:

Julie said...

It really is soooo amazing to watch your baby take shape. In just a couple weeks when you have your next ultrasound you may even be able to make out arms and legs. I ended up having to go back and look at all the ultrasound pics we had of Jacob and how they evolved after seeing this! :)

Doug and Heike said...

YAY! Congratulations!!!!

Miss you, call me sometime!